Friday, October 15, 2010

A Vampire a Day... The Face of Vampire

A Vampire a Day: The (Unmasked) Face of a Vampire



The Face of the Vampire has changed with time, and in time. It's not always a scary face anymore, but rather an adoring, fabulous one. The vampire fashion has evolved with/in time, too--from the frightening dark cape & hood to modern-day dark/black leather outfits. Through it all, the vampire fashion has continued to add to the enigmatic, intriguing Vampire character.
"Lava Face" Copyright Alina Oswald, 2010. All Rights Reserved.

But what hides behind the Vampire's beauty? Is it the face of a Beast? Is it the pure fire engulfing the Vampire's face from within, consuming this creature until there's nothing left of it but ashes?

Is there room for creation, in the wake of this fiery destruction?



As always, thanks for visiting.
Alina Oswald
Author of Vampire Fantasies
www.alina-arts.com


PS: I shot "Lava Face" while in Hawaii, visiting the Big Island, aka Hawaii Island. On the SE side of the island, not far from the city of Hilo, I found the Volcano National Park. That's where I witnessed, for the first time, live lava spilling out of the crater, burning its way down to the ocean. I did not have a tripod with me, so I handheld the camera with a 70-200mm lens on it, wide open at 2.8. Later on, during post, while trying to figure out what I'd photographed, I discovered this "lava face" and cropped the image so that it would only show the "face." Hopefully next time I'll visit Hawaii, I'll get to shoot more live lava, maybe some eruptions.... one can dream, right?



Alina Oswald

No comments:

Post a Comment