Friday, January 28, 2011

Reflections on a Lifetime of AIDS: My CNN iReport

Reflections on a Lifetime of AIDS: My CNN iReport

I'm a CNN iReporter. I don't post much, but I try my best to post something every time I can. I'm glad to say that CNN vetted two of my images taken at the Polish monument in Jersey City when the Polish president died in a plane crash.

I also posted images from my trips. Even more, I posted some of the images I took during last December's total lunar eclipse.

Last week I visited the City of the Dead for a few days, with high hopes of researching my next vampire-related book. Crescent City did not disappoint.

While walking on the streets of French Quarter, I had the wonderful surprise to be contacted by a CNN iReport producer. See, the AC360 piece on the AIDS pandemic led to an iReport assignment asking iReporters to post something--their thoughts, stories, etc--on HIV/AIDS. Having documented the pandemic for almost a decade, I felt compelled to post excerpts from the stories I've covered. The CNN iReport producer was interested in checking out my "Reflections on a Lifetime of AIDS" post, which is actually a short excerpt from my book, Journeys Through Darkness, which tells the story of a long-term AIDS survivor and activist, award-winning, legally blind visual artist Kurt Weston.

Needless to say, I was humbled and honored by the interest in my post. You can check it out, including the CNN iReport producer's comments, at "Reflections on a Lifetime of AIDS on CNN iReport."

Thanks CNN iReport for the opportunity of posting HIV/AIDS stories on your site. Thanks everybody for visiting,

Alina Oswald
Author of Journeys Through Darkness
www.alina-arts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment