Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Vampire A Day: Preparing for Mardi Gras 2011

"Peeking Through..." Copyright Alina Oswald, 2011.
"Nightmares haunt those who remain alive
While handsome demons haunt the Crescent night
Drops of human blood tickle down the sizzling swamp." 
[excerpt from my poem, "Grief," The Awakening poetic photography collection]






Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, is not far away. New Orleans, the City of the Dead, a.k.a. Crescent City, has already started preparing for the event. Masks, beads and, yes, blood, are on display. After all, City of the Dead is vampire land... or so the legends tell us.

I've always been fascinated by the Big Easy (yet another name for New Orleans), and by the mysterious and rich diversity it has to offer. During my recent visit I came a step closer to a better understanding of New Orleans--its people and vampires. The visit also made possible a deeper understanding of the local history of vampires--the legendary and the fictional ones alike.

[On the vampire note: if you want a phenomenal immersion into the Dark World of Ghosts, Myths, Vampires and the Facts that started them all, if you yearn for an immersion into this kind of Haunting Darkness, one that may just reveal some seeds of truth and, possibly, some actual facts wrapped in a memorable show, you have to check out the vampire tours offered by the one and only Lord Chaz. The experience is remarkable! I'll take the tour again, myself, next time I'm back in the City of the Dead.]

While at work on my second book on vampires, I'd like to share one of my most recent pictures, part of my vampire photography series. I called it "Peeking Through The Bloody Glass."

Enjoy!

As always, thanks for visiting.

Alina Oswald
Author of Vampire Fantasies
www.alina-arts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment