Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wintry International Women's Day 2013: Pictures from the SnowStorm

Wintry International Women's Day 2013: Pictures from the Snowstorm

Images and a Few Updates

Hello Everybody! I realize I haven't been posting lately, but I have a good reason: I'm restructuring my blog. Updates to follow...

But, first things first. Yesterday, March 8th, International Women's Day, we had quite a storm (well, kinda) in the NYC area. March 8th was, indeed, a snowy day. But it didn't last long. Therefore, I went out during the morning to get some pictures. I'm still working on the batch, but here are a few samples:

Hudson waters covered in fog and snow, Women's Day 2013. Photo by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.
Manhattan View from across the Hudson during the Snowstorm: fog and snow covered pretty much everything, taking away the Manhattan Skyline. Photo by Alina Oswald.
Manhattan View from across the Hudson during the Snowstorm: logs, fog and snow covered pretty much everything, taking away the Manhattan Skyline. Photo by Alina Oswald.
Manhattan View from across the Hudson during the Snowstorm: logs, fog and snow covered pretty much everything, taking away the Manhattan Skyline. Photo by Alina Oswald.

Red Street Light in the Snow. Photo by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.
Red Street Light in the Snow. Photo by Alina Oswald.
Through the Fence: fog and snow covered pretty much everything, taking away the Manhattan Skyline. Photo by Alina Oswald.
Through the Fence: fog and snow covered pretty much everything, taking away the Manhattan Skyline. Photo by Alina Oswald.



Snow Cap. Fire hydrant covered in snow during NYC snowstorm, Women's Day 2013. Photo by Alina Oswald.
Snow Cap. Fire hydrant covered in snow during NYC snowstorm, Women's Day 2013. Photo by Alina Oswald.




I'll post more images as I go. For now, see you at Gay Expo in NYC!

Thanks for stopping by!
Alina Oswald
Writer/Photographer
Author of Journeys Through Darkness: A Biography of AIDS


PS: I just wanted to mention that I had a fantastic time, yesterday, at the Gay Expo. I reconnected with many friends and people I've known for years, and also met new great individuals. I had a blast!

A.O.


No comments:

Post a Comment