Thursday, May 23, 2013

You Read, You Write, You Rock: Recording and Performing Artist Ira Weitz in His Own Words

You Read, You Write, You Rock: Recording and Performing Artist Ira Weitz in His Own Words (Part I)

"Yo, yo, way to go,
when you choose a goal, let me know.
A goal is a wish, that means what you want,
choose a goal NOW - it's time to start."


[Ira Weitz, from his new educational CD for children AGES 5 - 12, YOU READ, YOU WRITE, YOU ROCK]
 


Not long ago I had the chance to interview recording and performing artist Ira Weitz about his new CD, You Read, You Write, You Rock, an entertaining and enlightening educational CD for children ages five to twelve. As it always happens, there is only so much material one can include in an article or interview. And while Weitz is a well of creativity and inspiration for children of all ages, I'd like to take this opportunity and add to the interview, presenting you Ira Weitz in own words, while sharing (with his permission) a few of his funny, inspiring and eye-opening rhymes.


If you want to check out more about Weitz's music, I encourage you to visit him on his website, at www.youreadyouwriteyourock.com.

More rhymes to come. Until then, enjoy!

As always, thanks for stopping by.

Alina Oswald
Writer/Photographer
Author of JOURNEYS THROUGH DARKNESS






2 comments:

  1. I want to to thank you for this wonderful read!!
    I absolutely loved every bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you post…

    My blog post: nfl pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Thanks so much for your post! I appreciate it and am glad you liked the read.

    Hope you'll stop by again.

    ReplyDelete