Monday, October 21, 2013

Experimental Food Photography

Food Photography: A Few Experimental Images

Food photography, who knew? I've never thought I was into food... anything, until I received my food photography assignment. After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to try out a few recipes. But then I either forgot to take the picture before eating the meal or to decorate the plate (make it camera-ready) or bring the camera with me, all together.

So, as the assignment deadline was approaching, I was starting to panic. My favorite dishes are those that don't require cooking. Without any dishes ready to be photographed, and running outta time, I decided to go for drinks and candy (or pills, that is). In the end, after several days of tests and experimentation, I did come up with three images.

Cocktail glass with drink and ice. Cocktail. Food Photography by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.
Cocktail. Food Photography by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.

Beads, Feathers & New Orleans Cajun Spice Rum. Food Photography by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.
Beads, Feathers & New Orleans Cajun Spice Rum. Food Photography by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.

"Fancy Candy" Food Photography by Alina Oswald. This is a high-key photo of a sparkly shoe in which I dropped a bunch of pills. The red of the shoe reminded me of the AIDS Red Ribbon, and the pills... well, any AIDS or cancer patient, or anybody suffering from a lifelong illness can tell volumes about pills, aka "candy" This last image is only one of a few I've made so far, as part of a project I'm working at the moment. 

Hope you enjoy the food photography images. More to come.

Thanks for stopping by!

Alina Oswald
Writer/Photographer/Author

No comments:

Post a Comment