Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Photos from OF THE MIND Art Show

Photos from Of the Mind art show hosted by Casa Colombo

As promised, I'd like to share a brief summary of the Of the Mind art show opening night at Casa Colombo, this past weekend. I think it was a fantastic night. Lots of work involved, but I, personally, had a blast, and from the looks of it, I got the feeling that others enjoyed the evening, too.

Opening night of OF THE MIND art show at Casa Colombo, in Jersey City, NJ. Art installation by artist and curator Giuseppe Munafo. Original vampire photograph by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.
Opening night of OF THE MIND art show at Casa Colombo, in Jersey City, NJ. Art installation by artist and curator Giuseppe Munafo. Original vampire photograph by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.


Opening night of OF THE MIND art show at Casa Colombo, in Jersey City, NJ. Art installation by artist and curator Giuseppe Munafo. Original vampire photograph by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.
Opening night of OF THE MIND art show at Casa Colombo, in Jersey City, NJ. Art installation by artist and curator Giuseppe Munafo. Original vampire photograph by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.
I showed images of New York City, vampires, and vampires in New York City. But before I get more into my own photographs, I want to thank a few people for making it all possible:

First of all, many thanks to Casa Colombo for hosting the show. Many thanks to my wonderful curator, artist Giuseppe Munafo, for accepting my artwork in the show, and also for all the help and guidance he had to offer. I much appreciate it that he allowed me to show artwork that resonates with a different side of me. For that and for everything, I am much grateful, more than I would ever be able to express in words. I'd like to thank the other artists, also part of the Of the Mind show, family members and friends who helped me in all ways to make it a success.

Yours truly, at Casa Colombo, during JCAST

Also, many thanks to those who stopped by to check out the artwork.

Special thanks to Sally Deering of Riverview Observer for taking the time to stop by and even interview me.

Now, the show would not have been possible without several individual very dear to me.

Ultra special thanks to my wonderful, fabulous vampires, you know who you are. In particular I'm forever grateful to my favorite Vampire James, who even stopped by the opening in flesh and blood, and posed for many, many pictures. Oh, and talking about pictures, I appreciate it that Henry and Tim not only stopped by to see the show, but also took lots of photos.That was fantastically helpful, because the entire night I was busy chatting with everybody about images, in particular, and I ended up taking only two images with my iPhone.

And speaking of pictures, here's a fun vampire composite, with many more to follow in the upcoming posts.


So for now I will leave you with your own vampire fantasies. I'll be posting more pictures from the opening, very soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Alina Oswald
Writer/Photographer/Author

PS: A brief update on the show.... I'd like to thank Sally Deering, River View Observer reporter, for stopping by Casa Colombo and attending the opening night of the OF THE MIND art show. Here's the article she wrote about the show, an article published in the River View Observer

No comments:

Post a Comment