Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Few Updates: Photography and More

A Few Updates: Photography and More

I've been posting "From the Archives" posts here, as I started new websites and blogs. Check them out at Alina Oswald and Art, AIDS & Others but as I find myself further pondering on websites to keep or merge, here're some updates and links to new posts.

Recently I got to test some new lights and upgraded my photo gear. I also had the wonderful opportunity to photograph the HIV Warriors project.

But let's get back to testing photo gear. I really love it! That's because there're no restraints, plenty of room for error and, even more important, plenty of creative freedom. You are, after all, shooting for yourself. Trying out new things. Experimenting. Some things work, others don't, and that's ok. You also get to realize what new gear you might need (need, not want :-)) and what you're doing right, or wrong. Yes, learn from your mistakes.

So, here are a few images from my most recent (test) photo shoots.

Back at You. Man's Back. Studio Photography by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved.
Back at You. Man's Back. Studio Photography by Alina Oswald. All Rights Reserved. For more portraits of men, check out my Photographing Men series, a work in progress.

I also took the advantage to test the new lights on myself. I never have fresh portraits of myself, hence, a self-portrait session.

With this, I updated my profile picture on several social networks. It was long due.

While I mainly photograph men, I sometimes photograph women, too. So, here are a few more images, test shot portraits of men, and women.




That's that, for now. Thanks for stopping by!

Alina Oswald

No comments:

Post a Comment